Commodore Barry Park
Drag box to select area
Founded as City Park in 1836, Commodore Barry Park was renamed in 1951 for one of the founders of the nearby Brooklyn Navy Yard. The park features a football field, baseball fields, a swimming pool, basketball courts, handball courts and playgrounds. The park is one of the few green spaces near the border of Fort Greene and Vinegar Hill. The City Parks Department pledged in 2009 to a $40-million renovation of the entire park, including the additon of an ampitheater.
Navy St & Park Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Accessible: yes