Brooklyn Public Library Walt Whitman Branch
Drag box to select area
The Walt Whitman Branch's predecessor opened in 1900 in a nearby tenement house. In 1908 the library moved into its current location, and built a collection of works on naval architecture and science that catered to workers from the nearby Brooklyn Navy Yard. It was renamed after Brooklyn's most famous poet in 1943.
93 Saint Edwards St, Brooklyn, NY 11205
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 1 pm - 6 pm. Sat, Sun, closed
- Accessible: yes