FORT GREENE-CLINTON HILL
· Treat your ears to Monvelyno's strings and Okai Musik's drums at La Caye Friday at 7 p.m.
Food and Drink
· The Fort Greene Park Greenmarket opens at 8 a.m. Saturday and features farms from around NY as well as music and entertainment.
· The first of three classes in the DITMAS Dance Workshop Seriestakes place Aug. 17. The dance series will be held at Third Root Community Health Center.
· Catch four live bands at The Way Station Aug. 16 starting at 7 p.m.
· Enjoy supper and jazz at Elberta Restaurant Sunday beginning at 5 p.m.
· If you’re heading to the New York Transit Museum Saturday, catch Poems From the Platform at 1:30 p.m for no extra charge after museum admission fee.
· Catch some laughs at The Way Station Sunday at Comedy Night beginning at 5 p.m.
Family· The 14th annual Soul of Brooklyn Week kicks off this Saturday, August 17 - August 25, and will feature concerts, film screenings, plays, festivals, workshops, art exhibits and more-- all celebrating African Diasporan arts and culture while promoting partnerships between local arts organizations and businesses in Brooklyn.
Food and Drink
· Get ready Brooklyn for the 1st Annual Brooklyn Beer & Wine Fest this Sunday, August 18, from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the Lab, located Fulton Street and Tompkins Ave in Bed-Stuy. The day-long festival is sponsored by Tap + Cork.
· WonderGround Party takes place Aug. 16, 9p.m. to 2 a.m. at Bed-Stuy Brew, at the Corner of Tompkins and Putnam, featuring DJ Dick at Nite (Dick Burroughs) and DJ Silence, hosted by Comrade Cav.
· This Friday, August 16, 7:00 p.m. at Restoration Plaza, is the kick-off of the Women of African descent film Festival, a free summer film festival featuring films and shorts of varying genre, international films, romantic comedies, films made by youth and documentaries. The films are sponsored by the Brooklyn Chapter of the Links, the WADFF is dedicated to showcasing the talent and accomplishments of African American Women.
· Bring the kids (ages 2-6) to a Parents’ Night Out PJ Party from Kidville and Project Playdate Friday from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. They get a pajama party, you and yours get an evening out on the town.
· ShakesBEER, NYC’s Original Shakespearean Pub Crawl, hits Park Slope on Aug. 17. Enjoy a day of exploring various pubs in Park Slope while witnessing erupting Shakespearean performances throughout the day. Check in at 2:30 p.m. at Mission Dolores (249 4th Ave.)
· At what other market can you do all your food shopping, sample local wine, and take walk in Prospect Park? The Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket begins at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.