1. It looks like Brooklyn residents looking to ride in one of the will have to wait a bit longer. Courtesy of 2nd Ave. Sagas comes word of a state appellate court ruling against the plan to sell 18,000 permits at $1,500 each for special cabs to rove the outer boroughs and above 96th Street in Manhattan. Lawyers for the city vowed to appeal the decision, which seemed likely to delay the implementation of the plan beyond the end of Mayor Michael Bloomberg's term in office, according to Second Ave. Sagas.
2. Head on over to the library with the kids for a fun hour of arts and crafts—a perfect form of entertainment when school’s not in session. Clinton Hill Library, 380 Washington Ave. 4:15 p.m. Free.
3. Join Chef Leslie Parks for offering featuring a Thai chili crab boil, oysters and more. Pillow Cafe-Lounge, 505 Myrtle Ave. 6 p.m. No cover charge.
4. Only discriminates on the basis of funny, Comic Diversity continues its showcase of hilarious new comic talent. Brooklyn Moon, 745 Fulton St. 8 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are suspended for Idul-Fitr.