1. If there was any doubt that Edolphus "Ed" Towns, D-Brooklyn, was in the reelection fight of his life, a campaign announcement by one of his rivals for the new 8th Congressional District might have gone a long way in terms of proving it. In a statement released Thursday, Assemblyman Hakeem Jeffries, D-Fort Greene, claimed to have received $237,000 as of March 31—double the amount raised in the fourth quarter of 2011. As of Dec. 31, Jeffries had $235,962 in cash on hand, according to the Federal Election Commission. Towns, meanwhile, lagged behind at $162,407 in cash reserves in the same period—with Councilman Charles Barron, D-East New York, a distant third.
2. Early childhood educator Aja-Nicole will facilitate a fun and enriching play space on Fridays for youngsters 1 to 4 years old. , 558 Fulton St. 9:30 a.m. Pay-what-you-wish through June (suggested $10).
3. Come out and join to celebrate cycling and your right to the road—Brooklyn style. Prospect Park, Eastern Parkway and Flatbush Avenue. 7 p.m. Free.
4. American Candy brings its witty and cheeky original musical comedy back to Fort Greene in "." , 138 S. Oxford St. Fri. and Sat., 8 p.m. $20.
5. Alternate side parking rules are suspended for religious observances.