1. On Thursday, Politicker ran this comprehensive rundown on the reelection campaign of Rep. Edolphus "Ed" Towns—or rather, the lack thereof, as the June 26 primary for the newly created 8th Congressional District inched ever closer. Among the highlights: Towns' no show status at a recent meeting of Bed-Stuy's influential Vanguard Democratic Association and a last minute pullout from a planned "sit-down" with local press last month. Despite this quiet start, staffers for the veteran Congressman said he planned to .
2. Violinist Cornelius Dufallo joins producer Patrick Derivaz to perform Bass Violin, a meditative improvisation that pushes variation form and tone color to their musical limits, at BAMCafe Live. , 30 Lafayette Ave. 10 p.m. Free.
3. An event featuring —plus a treat from nearby Greene Grape Provisions to pair. , 765 Fulton St. 6 p.m. Free.
4. The inimitable Simon Callow continues to headline the Ambassador Theater Group's production of "Being Shakespeare," an ambitious attempt to illuminate the man behind some of the most iconic roles in theater. BAM Harvey Theater, 651 Fulton St. Through April 14. $20-$100.
5. Alternate side parking rules are again suspended for religious observances.