Procrastinators everywhere will recognize the flurry of activity in the halls of the State Capitol in the coming days as our elected representatives struggle to resolve tough issues before they join schoolchildren across the state on summer break.
For months, they have debated, revised and negotiated details of bills with big-time implications for many Brooklyn residents, including whether to extend rent regulations, to create a panel to or to .
Now it's crunch time.
With the regular session ending Friday, the clock is running out for opponents, proponents and undecideds on these crucial pieces of legislation. Check back with Fort Greene-Clinton Hill Patch for updates on events in Albany — and their repercussions back home — as they unfold.
Here are your 5 Things for this Monday:
1. Pratt Area Community Council and the Real Rent Reform Campaign will hold a rally on Wednesday at Gov. Andrew Cuomo's NYC office in Midtown to demand action to strengthen the state's rent control laws.
2. Brooklyn native Sara Gran her new crime novel Claire DeWitt and the City of the Dead, set in the rubble of post-Katrina New Orleans, at Greenlight Bookstore tonight.
3. The Rock Shop featuring the bands Eastern Conference Champions from Los Angeles and Archie Powell & The Exports (described as "cool without feeling hip"). Must be 21 and up.
4. In case you missed it: of a meeting held over the weekend on the next phase in the fight over the future of Atlantic Yards.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.