This police blotter was compiled from information provided by the New York Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- On June 11 at 8:45 a.m. at Dekalb and Clermont avenues, three teens surrounded a 13-year-old male, with one of the perps telling him to “Run your pockets.” Police later arrested the teens on Cumberland Street. The victim was able to ID all three perps.
- A skateboard-riding 14-year-old male had a $20 bill stolen from two unknown perps near Willoughby Avenue and Adelphi Street on June 12 at 9:10 p.m. The perps fled northbound on Adelphi.
- A Metro PCS store on Myrtle Avenue was held up——for $600 in cash by an unknown perp pointing a dark-colored pistol on June 13 at 6:32 p.m. The perp told the cashier to first put the money in a bag and then to walk into the backroom. The robber then fled westbound on Myrtle. A video surveillance camera caught the robbery. No injuries were reported.
- The mother of a wannabe robber got him out of hot water by returning an iPhone stolen from a teen at 138 Cumberland Walk on June 14 to its rightful owner. The teen subsequently dropped all charges.
- A 19-year-old male was arrested for entering a woman’s bedroom at on June 17 at 4:30 p.m. and threatening to hurt her husband if she didn’t hand over $10.
- A 22-year-old man told police an unknown perp slashed him to the right side of his face with a boxcutter “for no reason” at Washington Park and Dekalb Avenue on June 6 at 10 p.m.
- At 64 St. Edwards St. on June 13 at 6:45 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the right and left thigh and right scrotum in front of nearby 24 Monument Walk. The victim was transported to Bellevue Hospital in unknown condition. Police had a suspect in custody; however, no charges had yet been filed as of last week.
- Kwamina Fortune, 29, was arrested for throwing a waffle iron at a 29-year-old man at 493 Clinton Ave. on June 16 at 12:37 a.m. She caused a small cut to the man’s face during the attack.
- An officer received a punch to the face after trying to apprehend a minor caught drinking Patron tequila in public view at 29 Fleet Walk on June 17 at 12:30 a.m. The minor spit and screamed at officers while being handcuffed and also tried to smash the windows of a police car.
- A TCBY employee at Atlantic Terminal Mall struck a co-worker with a cooking pan during an argument on June 17 at 11:15 a.m. The co-worker was sent to Brooklyn Hospital for treatment for a cut to the left side of the head. Justin Torres, 22, was arrested at the scene.
- A perp was spotted breaking into a unit at 295 Clinton Ave. from a fire escape on June 12 at 1:24 p.m. Eanna McCabe, 31, was later arrested by police at Dekalb and Carlton avenues, where he was found to be in possession of burglary tools in his pocket.
- An unknown perp—who is still on the loose—led police on after breaking into a garden apartment on Downing Street between Putnam and Gates avenues on June 15 at 8:06 a.m.
- Joel Casado, 20, was re-arrested for stealing $5 and a MetroCard from another prisoner as he slept at the on Classon Avenue on the morning of June 11.
- A woman walking on the street at Flatbush and Atlantic avenues had her bag stolen by an unknown perp who approached her from behind on June 8 at 7 p.m.
- Edgar Vargas, 43, was arrested on June 12 for opening a Best Buy credit card account with a fraudulent North Carolina license and then buying $1,980 worth of electronics.