This blotter was compiled using information provided by the New York Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- Six men attacked and robbed a 32-year-old man and his wife at Lafayette Ave. C line station on Aug. 5 at 8 p.m. The men surrounded the couple as they attempted to enter the subway through a turnstile. As they tried to turn back, one of the perps grabbed an iPhone from the man's pocket.
- A 15-year-old had his iPhone, ID and cash stolen by a knife-wielding perp in front of One Hanson Place on Aug. 6 at 5:40 p.m.
- A robber grabbed a 49-year-old woman’s pocketbook as she walked near Downing Street and Gates Avenue on Aug. 7 at 1:45 p.m. only to drop it on the pavement as he fled moments later. The woman was taken to Brooklyn Hospital.
- On Aug. 7 at 11:30 p.m., three men robbed a 32-year-old woman as she walked near St. Edwards and Willoughby streets. One of the men grabbed an iPhone from her hand as another man choked her from behind. The woman received minor injuries to the back of the head when she was thrown to the ground. The perps fled in an unknown direction.
- Police arrested a 14-year-old in connection with a stick-up of a 26-year-old male at Flushing Avenue and Ryerson Street on Aug. 8 at 10:52 p.m. The weapon in question turned out to be a BB-gun, with which the suspect shot the man in the forehead and the right ear. The man was treated for his injuries at the scene.
- A perp struck a 7-year-old boy and stole his bike on the street in front of 146 Classon Ave. on Aug. 12 at around 7:30 p.m. A police search of the area didn’t turn up any suspects. The boy was unhurt as a result of the attack.
- Two A/C condensers worth $2,500 were stolen from a residence on Adelphi Street near Park Avenue sometime during the night or early morning of Aug. 6-7. A camera on Park Avenue may have caught the perp(s) in the act.
- A perp stole an iPhone from a 44-year-old woman’s hands as she tried to make a call on the front stoop of a building on Fort Greene Place on Aug. 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- While waking on Dekalb Avenue, a 24-year-old woman had her Dr. Dre Beats headphones stolen from her head by an unknown perp who fled down the street on Aug. 7 at 6:15 p.m.
- A $2,650 bike parked in the lobby of a building on Clinton Avenue was stolen sometime during the night or early morning of July 26-27. The owner waited to report the theft until after he knew the bike would be covered by insurance.
- The owner of a car parked near 37 Grand Ave. returned Aug. 8 at around 3 a.m. to find the vehicle broken into and a cellphone, ID and debit card missing.
- A moviegoer at found his locked bike stolen from a rack located near St. Felix Street and Lafayette Avenue on Aug. 10 at around 7 p.m.
- A woman who swears she saw her MacBook Air in her apartment earlier in the week on Carlton Avenue near Dekalb reported it stolen on Aug. 8. The woman said she locked all of the doors before she left. According to a tracking device, the laptop’s last location was at near N. Oxford Walk.
Grand Theft Auto
- A contracting company employee reported his work truck stolen from a street space at Emerson Place and Willoughby Avenue on Aug. 8.
- A burglar lifted a window and entered a residence on Clinton Avenue near Dekalb on Aug. 9 at around 2:30 p.m.—stealing a Dell 15 Series computer. The owner was working in the cellar and didn’t hear the burglary take place.