This blotter is compiled using information provided by the New York Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
- A Good Samaritan got caught in the crossfire during an argument between a husband and wife at on Atlantic Avenue on July 28 at 3:40 am. When the man, 27, tried to intervene in the dispute, the husband, Owen Johnson, 27, grabbed him by the throat and punched him numerous times. The man got away with a cut lip and multiple scratches to the neck. Police arrested Johnson a few hours later at the scene.
- On July 23 at around 1 a.m., a man, 31, punched a 28-year-old woman in the legs after she refused to have sex with him at a residence at Ingersoll Houses. The woman managed to flee the apartment after seeing Robinson grab a knife. A neighbor called the police after hearing screams. The woman received injuries to her legs, arm and back of the neck.
- A 50-year-old man told police that another man slashed him in the back of his left ear with an unknown object at on July 24 at 10:40 a.m. Police said the man was highly intoxicated and uncooperative after the incident.
- An unknown perp came up to a 32-year-old woman from behind and stole her iPhone as she walked on the street near the intersection of Lafayette Avenue and Adelphi Street on July 24 at around midnight.
- A man was walking on Lafayette Avenue on July 25 shortly after midnight when two perps grabbed him by the neck, told him to get on his knees and one of them said, "Give me your money or I will shoot you." The victim did not see a weapon and was not able to describe his attackers. They made off with his wallet and cell phone, which was recovered and returned to him at the police station.
- A 49-year-old woman told police that her ex-girlfriend took $10 in cash and threatened her with a broken bottle during an altercation on the street at Greene and Classon avenues on July 23 at 9 p.m.
- Three men grabbed a 29-year-old woman’s pocketbook as she walked past them on S. Oxford Street near Dekalb Avenue on July 26 at 11 p.m. The perps dragged the woman approximately 10 feet, causing bruises and cuts to her arm. The men then fled west on Dekalb.
- A perp armed with a silver handgun took $70 from the register at on July 27 at 7:43 p.m. The robber then exited the store and fled west on Myrtle Avenue.
- While walking home from the train station on Lafayette Avenue at Cumberland Street on July 28 at 3:30 a.m., a 29-year-old man had his iPad, BlackBerry and Bose earphones stolen by an unknown perp, who took the items from the victim’s hands and then fled on foot.
- Thieves made off with more than $18,000 in tools from a construction site at 91 Grand Ave. on the morning of July 11. Perps entered the site from the rear, where they clipped the lock to gain entry.
- A driver with AAA returned to his van parked at 373 Waverly Ave. on July 24 at 2:20 p.m. to find a battery tester with printer and tools stolen. The driver left the van unlocked for about 10 minutes.
- A burglar entered a residence on Willoughby Avenue near Vanderbilt Avenue on July 25 sometime in the early evening hours, taking a backpack, wallet and two mountain bikes.
- A 34-year-old woman returned to her apartment on Washington Avenue near Willoughby Avenue on July 26 to find her wedding band and $1,250 in cash missing.
- Robbers made off with over $3,000 in electronics in a break-in overnight July 26-27 at the community center at on Classon Avenue.
- An 86-year-old woman received a scare early in the morning on July 29 when she discovered an unknown man in her apartment on Willoughby Avenue near Hall Street after hearing a crash at her door. Upon being spotted by the woman, the perp said, “Hello,” and then fled the scene.
- While a 50-year-old woman and her daughter were sleeping at their home on Washington Avenue near Park Avenue, an unknown man entered their apartment through an unlocked front door and took an X-box, fan and portable TV. Though the woman’s daughter later said she saw the man standing by the door, she told police she wouldn’t be able to ID the perp.
- Two MacBook laptops were stolen from a portable computer stand in a locked room at sometime between June 19 and July 6.
- Upon returning to his storage locker at Cube Smart on Atlantic Avenue, a man found his Joe Rodeo watch, Sony PS3 and fur coat—all together worth $2,250—stolen from a unit on July 23.
- Police caught two male suspects, aged 25 and 19, after using the Find My iPhone App to track them down after they snatched the phone from a woman at Whitman Houses on the evening of July 27.
- A man who parked his car at the intersection of Hanson Place and S. Oxford Street on July 10 returned on July 21 to find his car broken into and his wallet stolen.
Grand Theft Auto
- A woman who parked her vehicle near 20 Lexington Ave. retuned July 24 at 2:24 p.m. to find it gone.
- A 2007 Infiniti was reported stolen from a street parking space near 105 Ashland Place on July 26 at 6 p.m.
- After parking his 1999 Kawasaki motorcycle on the street near 302 Carlton Ave. on July 28, the 32-year-old driver returned the next day to find the vehicle missing.