1. Join your neighbors for a fabulous concert surrounded by the beauty of Fort Greene Park and the funk sounds of , along with Janka Nabay and the Bubu Gang and DJ Akalepse. For those not wanting to bring their own snacks, food will be available from , Saucy By Nature, Cookie Fairy Sweets and Woolys Ice. , Myrtle Lawn. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free.
2. presents a daylong symposium dedicated to critical discussion and intellectual analysis of Hip-Hop music, culture and business. Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. Noon. $10.
3. Learn about New York City garden plants and animals through hands-on exploration, story time, and garden hunts at this . Each week, young urban gardeners will explore a different nature theme and then create their own windowsill planting or nature craft to green up their home or neighborhood. Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1000 Eastern Pkwy. 1:30 p.m. Free.
4. , a project of former Yale student-turned-seminal Indie musician Dave Longstreth, performs a show benefitting the Celebrate Brooklyn music series. Prospect Park Bandshell, PPW at 9th Street (Park Slope). 7 p.m. $30.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.