1. In 1999, Brooklyn author Jonathan Lethem gave the reading public one of most unique protagonists in modern fiction, a.k.a. Lionel Essrog, a detective bedeviled by an unending series of often bizarrely inappropriate "tics." Today, attempts to unravel Lethem's sometimes puzzling and always engrossing breakout bestselling novel. Greenlight Bookstore, 686 Fulton St. 7:30 p.m.
2. A young woman, traumatized by her dictatorial father's insistence she be raised as a boy, finds herself the unwitting patient in Pegasus, part of . Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. 6:30 p.m. Free.
3. PACC's penultimate offers advice on applying for mortgages and closing on home sales. Pratt Area Community Council, 226 Lefferts Place. 6:30 p.m. $50.
4. The BAMcinématek series, The Next Director: Andrey Zvyagintsev, offers up , a psychological-thriller-cum-road-movie following two young brothers whose long-absent father returns unexpectedly. BAM Rose Cinemas, 30 Lafayette Ave. 4:30 p.m., 6:50 p.m. (Q&A with director Zvyagintsev), 9:30 p.m. $12.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.