1. Creative director Steven Cosson and composer Michael Friedman present Paris Commune, a revival of the radical cabaret of 19th century Paris. Be prepared to learn some history about the first socialist revolution in Europe told through plot and song. Brooklyn Academy Music, 30 Lafayette Ave. 7:30 p.m. $20.
2. Dancewave and Brooklyn Music School will fill the bill at the last of this year's Performing the Streets featuring an array of music and dance contributions by kids and teens. One MetroTech Center. 5 p.m. Free.
3. New York based chamber duo, TwoSense, performs with Ryan Brown, Daniel Felsenfeld and Hannah Lash. Roulette, 509 Atlantic Ave. 8 p.m. $10.
4. Fusing the visions of composer Joseph C. Phillips Jr. and choreographer Edisa Weeks, To Begin The World Over Again eloquently explores questions of freedom, democracy and what it means to be an American with readings of the collected works of Thomas Jefferson. Irondale Center, 85 S. Oxford St. 8 p.m. $20.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.