1. Buckets Blakes of the world-famous basketball team The Harlem Globetrotters reads Jimmy’s Boa and the Bungee Jump Slam Dunk. Blakes will also demonstrate the amazing tricks and ball-handling skills that make the Globetrotters famous and sign autographs for fans. Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. 3:30 p.m. Free.
2. Brooklyn Ballet Company and Youth Ensemble present Take Ballet to the Streets!, including excerpts from Brooklyn Ballet’s Hip-HopNutcracker and A History of Ballet in 9 Innings, performed this summer at the Brooklyn Cyclones MCU Park in Coney Island. One MetroTech Center. 5 p.m. Free.
3. Reportero, a documentary screening as part of Brooklyn Museum's Film Series, follows a veteran reporter and his colleagues at a Tijuana-based independent newsweekly that challenges the drug cartels and corrupt local officials. Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway. 7 p.m. Free.
4. Derrick Adams presents The Channel, described as a “seriocomic performance presented in the style of educational programs like Sesame Street." BAM Harvey Theater, 651 Fulton St. 7:30 p.m. $20.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.