1. Recently reopened after of its Romanesque Revival sanctuary, this local architectural and spiritual gem will hold a weekend slate of events to help spread the word about its many services. , 484 Washington Ave. Sat., 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sun., 8 a.m. (Service)
2. The city Departments of Finance, Environmental Protection and Housing Preservation and Development will hold to provide owners with one-on-one customer assistance. Bring your lien sale notices. Restoration Plaza, 1368 Fulton St. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Free.
3. Polish journalist and author chronicles the tolls of long-term conflicts as part of the PEN World Voices Festival. Central Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza. 7 p.m. Free.
4. Nell Freudenberger, the highly acclaimed author of Lucky Girls and The Dissident, reads from her new novel, , at this Brooklyn Book Launch event. , 686 Fulton St. 7:30 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.