1. City officials said that they were doing everything in their power to encourage fans of rapper Jay-Z to take public transit to his first Barclays Center appearance tonight. However, concerns over traffic—both vehicular and pedestrian—and parking persist as workers race to put finishing touches at two critical points: a parking lot at Vanderbilt Avenue and Dean Street and still-partly shuttered Atlantic Terminal street entrance. Have photos of problems in and around the arena? Share them with your neighbors and upload them to our site.
2. Almost/early walkers who are just developing balance and coordination explore creative movement, music and rhythm through movement games, drumming, song, and interactive stories at Ubuntu with Jamie Philbert. Cumbe, 558 Fulton St. 9:45 a.m. $13.
3. Choreographers Susan Hefner and Michael Evans present Another Happy Accident, a spoof dance on injury and aging. The live dance is paired with videos made by Nelson Simon to create a purposefully awkward body of movement. Roulette, 509 Atlantic Ave. 8 p.m. $10.
4. To Begin The World Over Again, a work featuring dancers and singers, explores the writings of Thomas Paine and his spirited advocacy for freedom and democracy. Irondale Center, 85 S. Oxford St. 8 p.m. $20.
5. Alternate side parking rules in effect.