1. Whether it be an extension or merely , transit advocates planned to send a clear message to the powers-that-be at the Metropolitan Transit Authority: "." Today at 3 p.m. outside the MTA's headquarters at 2 Broadway in Lower Manhattan, G train backers plan to deliver over 10,000 signatures from Brooklynites looking to keep the vital link between Central Brooklyn and Park Slope running.
2. Last week, it was Cochinita's hand-made soft tacos. This week, our friends at Food Freaks and Milk Truck got their place in the spotlight with this grilled cheese write-up in Tuesday's New York Times—which, by the way, still doesn't quite get to the bottom of .
3. Brooklyn-based and award-winning poet and essayist Meghan O’Rourke comes to Fort Greene for the paperback launch of her memoir, , a record of her interior life as a mourner after the death of her mother from cancer. , 686 Fulton St. 7:30 p.m. Free.
4. Come early and stay late to hear musicians including Eric Frazier, Bill Sims, Jr., Ian Duerr Jazz Trio, Ronnie Roc and Daddy Snugg's Snake Bite, to name a few. , 755 Dean St. 8 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect on Wednesday. Alternate side WILL be suspended for Holy Thursday and Good Friday later this week.