It was another busy week in the , which covers of Fort Greene-Clinton Hill, with 34 reported felonies. That list includes one arrest coming from a melee caught on video at Fort Greene Houses on Saturday.
- A 17-year-old male was shot in the right shoulder at Greene Playground at Waverly Avenue on Aug. 20 at 10:50 p.m. and transported to Kings County Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- While riding the No. 4 train at Atlantic Avenue station, a 25-year-old was hit in the back of the head with a cane on Aug. 23 at 5:20 p.m. A police search of the area didn’t turn up any suspects.
- Police arrested one man during just before midnight on Aug. 25 for failing to follow an order to disperse. The man, 22, refused the order, throwing a bicycle at police officers. While resisting arrest, the man caused a large crowd to gather, as seen in this YouTube video purportedly taken either before, after or during the incident.
- A 27-year-old man violated an order of protection by arguing, then punching and kicking his girlfriend, 27, on the street at Fort Greene Houses on Aug. 26 at 9:30 a.m.
- An unknown male perp robbed a 24-year-old woman at knifepoint at the bottom of a stairwell at Classon Ave G line station on Aug. 21 at 2 p.m. The perp showed a switchblade and pushed the victim to the wall, taking her pocketbook. When the victim began to yell for help, he told her, “Stop making noise—I’ll stab you!” The perp then put the woman’s bag into another bag and fled up the stairs to the street.
- Two young men approached a pair of people, including a 47-year-old man, walking on Dekalb near Vanderbilt Avenue on Aug. 22 at 1:45 a.m. and asked them for a cigarette. The young men then pulled out a silver handgun and threatened to shoot the man, who stepped in front of the other person. The young men fled up Vanderbilt after the man gave them $10 in cash.
- Police arrested a 15-year-old for stalking a 22-year-old woman from behind, hitting her on the side of her face and stealing her phone as she walked down Fulton Street near Washington Avenue on Aug. 22 at 12:30 a.m. Two bystanders apprehended the perp, who bit and punched them. The phone was later recovered at the scene.
- Police apprehended two young men, aged 14 and 17, shortly after they robbed a 29-year-old man of his cellphone and bag on the street on Dekalb near Clermont Avenue on Aug. 22 at 1:45 a.m.
- While she walked north on Clinton Avenue, two unknown perps approached a 26-year-old woman from behind, punched her and demanded she give up her phone and keys. The perps fled in an unknown direction. Police described the second perp as wearing a light colored T-shirt with jeans.
- Erwin Baize, 49, snatched a woman’s gold necklace as she rode the B54 bus on Myrtle near N. Portland Avenue on Aug. 23 at 10 a.m. leaving scratches and cuts on her neck and also ripping her shirt and bra strap off her shoulder. The woman was treated at the 88th Precinct station house on Classon Avenue.
- An unknown perp came up from behind a 35-year-old woman, put her in a chokehold and demanded $60 in cash as she walked on Greene Avenue on Aug. 23 at 10:40 p.m. The victim sustained injuries to her neck, but no money was taken.
- A male and female approached a woman sitting in Fort Greene Park near Ashland Place on Aug. 23 at 11:40 p.m. asking her for the time. When the woman told them she didn’t have the time, the male perp punched her in the back of the head while the woman perp rifled through her purse and took her cellphone. The victim was treated at Brooklyn Hospital nearby. A police canvass of the area didn’t turn up any clues.
- Police arrested a 16-year-old male for surrounding and then robbing another male while with two other perps on Dekalb near Carlton Avenue on Aug. 26 at 4 p.m. The victim handed over phone after one of the teens told him, “Don’t want to fight you—Give me your phone.” Police apprehended the 16-year-old perp nearby. Two other suspects are still on the loose.
- A resident of Putnam Avenue near Downing Street returned to his house on Aug. 18 to find his PlayStation 3 and $600 in cash missing. The victim told police that the back door was unlocked and that there were no signs of forced entry.
- Police arrested a 14-year-old male for breaking a screen door at a residence on Adelphi near Fulton Street and stealing a Dell laptop, iPad, camera and Blackberry while the owner was at home on Aug. 20 at 4:55 p.m. The owner saw the teen trying to hop his backyard fence. All of the items were eventually recovered. The teen was later discovered to be carrying a MacBook Air stolen from another residence at 406 Clermont Ave. earlier that day.
- A worker returned to his van on Aug. 23 at 10:30 a.m. to find $3,130 worth of painting equipment stolen from inside his locked vehicle parked at 275 Clinton Ave. The perp(s) gained entry by breaking the lock to the back door.
- While at home watching TV, an elderly woman had a laptop stolen from her residence on Clermont Avenue near Park Avenue on Aug. 16 at 5 p.m. Point of entry was an unlocked rear door.
- A woman reported a gold wedding ring, a college ring, a faux pearl necklace and charms missing from her second-story bedroom on Clermont Avenue on Aug. 25.
- A homeless woman’s debit, benefit cards as well as rings, necklace and pendant were stolen from a personal locker at Tillary Street Woman’s Shelter on Aug. 19-20.
- An elderly resident of Whitman Houses said a woman walking out of her building snatched her purse on Aug. 16 at 2:30 p.m. The victim described the perp as black, 5-foot-11 with a slim build.
- Using a 72-year-old woman’s personal information, an unknown perp(s) ran up an $800 T-Mobile cellphone bill during a period beginning March 10.
- Citibank put a Fort Greene customer’s saving and checking accounts on hold after the woman discovered two checks deposited in the amount of $18,049.34 without her knowledge or permission on Aug. 23.
- After losing her wallet at Target at Atlantic Terminal Mall on Aug. 8, a 32-year-old woman discovered an unauthorized purchase at a Bed, Bath and Beyond using her AMEX card.
- A Fort Greene man reported on Aug. 23 that an unknown perp(s) opened three T-Mobile cellphone accounts in his name using his social security number. The charges totaled $2064.64.
- While shopping at Marshall’s, a 19-year-old woman discovered her wallet missing from a bag placed in a shopping cart on Aug. 24 at 9:45 p.m.
- Police arrested two teens, both aged 15, for snatching a cellphone from a 23-year-old woman on Willoughby Avenue near Clinton on Aug. 24 at 9:50 p.m.
- A woman discovered unauthorized purchases on her cards after her wallet was stolen from her baby carriage at a Cold Stone Creamery at Atlantic Terminal Mall on Aug. 26 at 2:15 p.m.
- Two bikes were stolen from a locked garage at 292 Dekalb Ave. on Aug. 25 or Aug. 26.
Grand Theft Auto
- A 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra was stolen from a mechanic’s shop at 57 Lefferts Place sometimes between Aug. 23 at 5 p.m. and Aug. 24 at 10:30 a.m.
- Phillip Samuels, 31, entered a Lexus parked on Gates Avenue near Clinton and was seen searching the car’s contents and tampering with the ignition. Police arrested him at the scene.
- A 2000 Audi S4 was reported stolen from a street space on Dekalb Avenue near Clinton on Aug. 26 at 8:30 a.m.