1. As a member of the City Council's Transportation Committee, Councilwoman Letitia James, D-Brooklyn, released the following statement regarding the Metropolitan Transit Authority's plan to remove trash bins from select stations across the five boroughs: "It is not clear to me how removing bins will lead to less trash because riders will continue to eat, read newspapers and otherwise go about their normal routines, only now they would have nowhere to properly deposit the material."
2. Here are some ways families can get involved in the ongoing Occupy Wall Street protests, courtesy of A Child Grows In Brooklyn.
3. Downstate LICH and the office of Borough President Marty Markowitz will be giving free flu shots to the public at Borough Hall on Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
4. In case you missed it: Two cars jumped the curb at Queen of All Saints church on Vanderbilt Avenue on Tuesday evening. We've got the pictures .
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.