1. Held at Bedford Avenue Presbyterian Church on Saturday, the first Brooklyn gun buyback of the year put 108 firearms off the street, police said. The haul included 61 revolvers, 29 semi-automatic weapons, three rifles and two shotguns. According to police, the program resulted in the handover of 7,600 weapons since its inception in July 2008.
2. hosts the , an early jazz, swing, and blues band playing a repertoire of witty songs from 1920s and 30s tonight at 8 p.m. The cafe is located at 211 Dekalb Ave., between Adelphi Street and Clermont Avenue in Fort Greene.
3. Assembly Democrats plan to introduce legislation this week to raise the state's minimum wage to $8.50 an hour—a 17 percent increase.
4. With TWU's contract with the Metropolitan Transit Authority expiring 15 days ago, Second Avenue Sagas looks back at the transit strike of 2005 that forced the agency to shutter the subway system for three days.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.