1. Tickle your funny bone. Head to Greenlight Bookstore at 686 Fulton St. for this month's Steamboat humor reading featuring writers David Javerbaum, Emma Koenig, Avery Monsen, Jory John, Doogie Horner and Dan Wilbur. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.m is free and wine will be served.
2. Get moving. Take a free Muay Thai Kickboxing class during Class One Mixed Martial Arts & CrossFit's open house Saturday from 3:30-5 p.m. The free 90 minute class will be given by Andrea Galbiati, Professional Kickboxing World Champion, and trainer to champions in boxing, mixed martial arts and Muay thai. Come down for a great workout and learn some great fighting techniques. Don't forget to bring a friend!
3. Pick up a wedding dress. Calling all brides! On Saturday from 12-6 p.m., Michelle New York Bride's is holding a trunk sale at 396 Atlantic Ave. This is by appointment only, so to R.S.V.P., call 718-643-1680.
4. Fall down the rabbit hole. Help launch BAM’s very special season of family programs at the new BAM Fisher at 321 Ashland Pl. this Saturday at the BAMfamily Launch Party: Down the Rabbit Hole. The celebration features Story Pirates’ sketch comedy musicals, based on stories written by kids, and Urban Stages’ Blown Away by Poetry, an interactive performance and workshop with puppets and poetry, storytelling, plus face-painting and more. As part of this festive day of storytelling, children are invited to come dressed as their favorite storybook character.
5. Move the car. Unfortunately alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension is this coming Monday, Jan. 21 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.