1. The cold weather can't keep the Fort Greene Greenmarket from staying true to its open-year-round reputation. Head to Fort Greene Park Saturday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. to stock up on everything from micro greens to affordable staples like potatoes, onions and vegetables.
2. BAMfamily presents Alice in Wonderland this weekend at the Fishman Space. Discover the madcap world of Lewis Carroll’s novel in this theater production from Canada incorporating puppets, mask theater, music and clever wordplay. The play features a set in which each book on the shelf becomes a door to the next adventure, and after the performance is through, a Q&A will follow. Tickets are $12, with performances at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Click here to purchase tickets.
3. Head to the Brooklyn Contra Dance Party at 7:30 p.m. on Friday at Brooklyn Lyceum. There is no fancy footwork involved, anyone can do it! All the dances are taught and walked through with instructions provided from the stage, by the Caller. It’s good ol’ fashioned fun right here in Brooklyn!
4. Community-based children's music series Mil's Trills will celebrate families and children in Brooklyn in its third annual Winter Bash at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 27 at the Littlefield Performance and Art Space. Children under four years old get in free, and general admission is $12 in advance and $15 at the door. 622 Degraw St. between 3rd and 4th avenues.
5. Alternate side parking is in effect. The next suspension won't be until Feb. 10 for Asian Lunar New Year, according to the DOT.