Update, 1:30 p.m.: The General Greene remained closed Tuesday afternoon. According to a source, a representative from DOH is currently conducting a site inspection.
1. The Local New York Times has the scoop about The General Greene's sudden closure after a failed inspection by the city Department of Health over the weekend. Online records at DOH had GG racking up 72 violation points for what it called "unsanitary conditions" including evidence of mice, cold food items being stored at temperatures above 41 degrees Fahrenheit and improperly sanitized utensils. The closure comes during what seems to be a mini-crackdown by DOH that has targeted local businesses like and . According to The Local, GG will reopen Tuesday morning.
2. Garth Fagan, the veteran choreographer behind The Lion King on Broadway, will hold a . , 3 Lafayette Ave. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free.
3. A showing of , a film following the journey of VIP (Vision In Progress) from the Muslim ghetto in Accra to their first international tour, precedes a Q&A with members of the music group. , 80 Hanson Place. 6 p.m. $5.
4. features $2 PBR all day and all night 2-for-1 drink specials. , 80 Lafayette Ave. 9 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.