1. , the outdoor modular market at Willoughby Street and Flatbush Avenue Ext., will close for the season on Saturday. According to a market organizer, "there will be lots more fun and interesting things on tap for 2012." So keep checking back here for updates.
2. Now there's positively no excuse for anyone to drive drunk this holiday weekend: From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. on New Year's Eve/Day, the American Automobile Association will take "your drunk self" and your car home for free, member or not, by calling 800-222-4357.
3. A synergistic exhibit that focuses on designs generated from engineering and industrial design students from local colleges, continues at BLDG 92 at Brooklyn Navy Yard today from noon to 6 p.m.
4. In case you missed it: Here is our rundown of the of 2011.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.