1. Borough President Marty Markowitz peppered his State of the Borough Address at Brooklyn College on Wednesday with local success stories, such as the successful handover of Admiral's Row to the city for development, an increasingly humming Steiner Studios and the revitalization of Fulton Mall.
2. Also in his speech, Markowitz offered a challenge to Apple CEO Tim Cook: "If you really want to be a trailblazer, bring manufacturing jobs back to America—and start with East New York or Brownsville."
3. Myrtle Minutes has the scoop on the commercial resurgence at a building at Myrtle Avenue and Adelphi Street ravaged by fire in 2010. The structure at 352-360 Myrtle Ave. is now again the home of Little Louie's Pizza and the forthcoming Burgers Ur Way.
4. Brooklyn Bandanza takes to the stage at on Feb. 12 to rock out and raise money for Boerum Hill's P.S. 261, with eight teen and kid bands scheduled to perform.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.