1. Bed-Stuy's premier street festival kicks off this weekend with Restoration Rocks including performances by Brand Nubian, Jessica Care Moore and Maimouna Youssef. Other events as part of Bed-Stuy Alive! include an opening awards ceremony, Studio Strut and Savor Bed-Stuy. Restoration Plaza, Fulton Street between New York and Brooklyn avenues. Sat., Noon to 5 p.m. Free.
2. Each month the Brooklyn Museum hosts its free and popular First Saturday event with music, hands-on art projects, gallery tours and more. Note: Due to overcrowding, BK Museum's Dance Party has been canceled. Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy. Sat., 5 p.m. Free.
3. Fusing the visions of composer Joseph C. Phillips Jr. and choreographer Edisa Weeks, To Begin The World Over Again eloquently explores questions of freedom, democracy and what it means to be an American with readings of the collected works of Thomas Jefferson. Irondale Center, 85 S. Oxford St. Sat., 8 p.m. $20.
4. During Sugardumplings! The Water Story, audience members can walk around, talk to the characters and have a voice in the ultimate interactive play geared to kids. Alliance of Resident Theaters New York, 138 S. Oxford St. Sun., 3 p.m. $5.
5. The H E A L I N G S exhibition will address and explore multiple aspects of evidence-based-art, including tantric and fractal art and cave painting. Art & Cultural Gallery, Restoration Plaza, Fulton Street between Brooklyn and New York avenues. Sun., 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Free.