1. Featuring the work of artists Edward Bland, Sun Ra and others, Loop—a collection of works using video and sound to highlight the black experience at home and abroad—will officially open starting today. MoCADA, 80 Hanson Place. Noon to 8 p.m. Exhibition runs from Sept. 6 to Oct. 7.
2. Combining dance, martial arts, music and acrobatics, is a great way to get in shape, meet new people and experience culture. Beginners welcome. Trilok Fusion Center, 143 Waverly Ave. 4 p.m. $15.
3. Members of the Irondale Ensemble, the resident company at the Irondale Center, revive last season’s smash musical theater work, Color Between the Lines, for the . Albee Square, Fulton and Bond streets. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Free.
4. Part of BAM’s Next Wave Festival, Jonah Bokaer and Anthony McCall's explores total motion with four dancers moving through an installation built from shifting avenues of light and images. Brooklyn Academy of Music, 30 Lafayette Ave. 8 p.m. $20.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.