1. Michael Galinsky and Suki Hawley, creators of the recent Atlantic Yards doc, , will help kick off a retrospective of their nearly 20-year body of work with Half-Cocked, a film about a bunch of kids who steal a van full of musical gear and go on the road through the South. Brooklyn Heights Cinema, 70 Henry St. 8:30 p.m. $11.
2. , a theatrical exploration of the tension between Brooklyn’s phenomenal growth and the institution of slavery during the 19th century, continues its run. , 85 S. Oxford St. 8 p.m. $10.
3. Check out this course on credit history, borrowing, preventing identity theft and more. Pratt Area Community Council, 226 Lefferts Place. 6:30 p.m. Free.
4. American Museum of Natural History's Ian Tattersall and Will Harcourt-Smith take us to uncover what made humans so special. , 686 Fulton St. 7:30 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.