1. Opening the 2012/13 season at Irondale Center, presents Sophocles' Greek revenge tragedy as the story of a woman whose vibrant inner life is corrupted by the world of walking dead in which she lives. Irondale Center, 85 S. Oxford St. 8 p.m. $25 general admission.
2. , the largest children’s literacy nonprofit in the U.S., is partnering with Brooklyn libraries to promote reading. By simply heading over to the library, children receive a free book after ever sixth read. Clinton Hill Library, 380 Washington Ave. 2:30 p.m. Free.
3. Fresh, local veggies, honey, maple syrup, fruit juices and more come to this at the center of Fort Greene Houses. N. Portland and Myrtle avenues. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
4. Brooklyn Free School, 372 Clinton Ave. 7 p.m. $5 suggested donation.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.