1. Test you knowledge. Come to The Rock Shop for Trivia night Hosted by Trivia Tryst. Free to play. Bring your thinking caps and drinking shoes with you. Impress your friends with your big brain and win money and prizes! $3 Rolling Rock, $4 Stoli!
2. Do some writing. Head over to Proteus Gowanus (543 Union St.) for the Writhing Society. The Writhing Society, led by Wendy Walker and Tom La Farge, meets weekly to practice and discuss the techniques of constrained writing. For more information about the process, visit: proteusgowanus.org/writhing-society.
3. Listen to music. Stop by The Way Station to hear Hannah Fairlight + Daphne Lee Martin. A classically-trained pianist-turned-rock-guitarist, Fairlight channels the poetry and roots-rock of Chris Whitley, with the undaunted tenacity of Tori Amos.
4. Imagine. Make your way to Macon Library for Imaging Ourselves: Women of Bedford Stuyvesant. DIVAS for Social Justice celebrates five years of teaching digital photography while teaching young women in the community to critically look at the way women of color are portrayed in the media.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today.