1. Hit the dance floor. Head to The Way Station to hear Renee' and the Derelicts's mix of classic blues, rock and soul. 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. 9 p.m. No cover.
2. See the big picture. Head to Park Slope for BROOKLYN RECONSTRUCTED: Last Summer at Coney Island. The monthly series by Filmwax explores gentrification, development, race and class in Brooklyn. The documentary is followed with a discussion with the director. The Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture, 53 Prospect Park West. 7 p.m., $5.
3. Get literary (and get fed). Tonight British author Martin Amis reads from and discusses his latest novel, Lionel Asbo: State of England at BAM's Eat, Drink & Be Literary series. Evening includes dinner, wine and a post-reading a discussion. 6:30 p.m., $55 (includes dinner, wine, tax, and tip).
4. Get the kids out of the house. Head to Dean Street for Shake it Up Baby, 10:30 a.m. $5 per family. Corner of Underhill and Dean Street.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking is in effect today. The next suspension won't be until Feb. 10 for the Asian Lunar New Year, according to the DOT.