1. Celebrate the (lack of) the end of the world. Head to The Way Station's It's the End of the World As We Know It Party to celebrate the fact that the Mayan apocalypse prediction that the world would end on Dec. 21, 2012 didn't come to pass. Happy hour drink specials will extend all night long to those who arrive dressed for the occasion. Plus, Avi Fox-Rosen will play Klezmer Kristmass music at 10 p.m. 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. No cover.
2. Watch your parents' (and grandparents') Christmas cartoons. For an interesting evening, head to LaunchPad for Cartoon Carnival #11: It's Christmas Time, where Christmas cartoons from the '30s through '50s will be shown on a 16mm projector. 721 Franklin bet. Park and Sterling. 8 p.m. (get there early for a seat) $10, which includes a wintery drink.
3. Get a taste of Africa. Get out of your culinary (and musical) rut, by spending the evening tonight at Skazzy Cafe, where there will be classical African cultural dishes and live African music. 689 Washington Ave., beginning at 8 p.m.
4. Help Sandy victims in Rockaway. Sign up for a Hurricane Sandy Relief Work Trip taking place on Saturday, Dec. 22. The group will be meet at Grace Church Brooklyn Heights, located at 254 Hicks Street, entrance on Grace Court at 8 a.m. They will go to various areas of Brooklyn and the Rockaways that need help. Transportation provided. Contact Barbara Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day.