Plan your weekend with a load of events in Fort Greene and surrounding areas as well.
· Catch DJ Eddie Nocentelli Friday and Pluto Moons Saturday at 9 p.m. at Bar Chord.
· Bring the family to Lark Cafe Friday at 4 p.m. for a tasty treat during Ice Cream Happy Hour.
· The Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project, now in its seventh year, helps keep beaches, rivers, parks and lakes across America “barefoot friendly.” In 2013, Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protection and enjoyment of the world’s oceans, waves and beaches, along with community volunteers will be stopping in Rockaway on Saturday for a dune creation.
· Celebrate Brooklyn! at Prospect Park Bandshell with Shaggy/TK Wonder Friday at 7:30 p.m. and They Might Be Giants/Moon Hooch at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Be sure to check ahead of time for ticket availability.
· Visit The Way Station, 683 Washington Ave and watch Sean Paul Triumph Saturday at 7 p.m.
· Gran Bwa Culture Presents the 23rd Annual Bwa Kay Iman Celebration Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m at Prospect Park.
· On Aug. 9, the Brooklyn Movement Center is hosting its annual Movement Summer BBQ from 4-8 p.m. at Akwaaba Mansion (347 MacDonough Street). The BBQ will also feature BMC membership activities related to the education, food justice and anti-street harassment campaigns. While there is no speaking program, elected officials and community leaders will be acknowledged. To RSVP or if you have questions, contact Anthonine Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-735-8781.
· Friday from 3-6 p.m, see “Hoodies Up, Get Life, Get Fit” Tribute to Trayvon Martin and Antonio Wilson, hosted by National Action Network. David Kirsch Wellness To Trainers and Nutrition advice at 3:30, yoga class “Move with Grace” at 4:30, Basketball Cross Training Boot Camp and special half-time show, at the Potomac Playground in Bed-Stuy
· On Aug. 9, at 8 p.m., Vanessa Rubin and Jazz Ensemble in Concert at Brownstone Jazz
· Friday at 7:30 p.m., Shaggy and TK Wonder perform “Celebrate Brooklyn” perform at Prospect Park Bandshell.
· Greenmarket at Grand Army Plaza starts Aug. 10 at 8 a.m. at the intersection of Prospect Park West and Flatbush Avenue.
· Morning Tai Chi and Qigong in Prospect Park with Brooklyn Kung Fu & Tai Chi Academy, Saturday at 9:30 a.m. $10 per practice. For more info visit taichibrooklyn.com.
· Lefferts Historic House 2nd Floor tours and Macy’s Fishing Clinic take place Saturdays. Program offers kids ages 15 & under the opportunity to fish! Participants will learn about aquatic ecology, fishing safety and get to collect their own bait. Kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call (718) 287-3400 x303.
· Brooklyn Contra Dance Party, Saturday, 7:30 p.m. next contra dance party on Saturday, August 10 at their newest venue, Camp Friendship - a Brooklyn-based community organization. Dances will be called by Janine Smith and live music is provided by Contraforce! Beginners are encouraged to attend the introductory lesson at 7:30pm, which is followed by dancing for everyone from 8-11 p.m. General admission is $15 and student tickets are $12 Volunteers dance for free.