There’s a new resource for victims of Hurricane Sandy who suffered home and property damage – The Hurricane Sandy Information Center. Those affected by this devastating tragedy can access to helpful information on rebuilding, including:
- Planning and next steps, whether you are just starting cleanup, have gutted and are ready to rebuild, or have already rebuilt;
- The importance of environmental and mold testing;
- Attaining proper documentation certifying your home was cleared of mold before you rebuilt;
- Reselling your home;
- Future insurance hassles;
- Protecting yourself from ‘predators’ taking advantage of victims.
Additionally, there are links to helpful resources for businesses and consumers including federal, state, and local agencies.
If you have questions on mold or environmental hazards post-Sandy, please feel free to call a Certified Microbial Investigator at (800) 392-6468.